• Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season features TredLock Technology
• Product will be available in July at Goodyear retail outlets
• The tire has a Dry Handling Zone and an All-Season Zone
AKRON, Ohio, May 3, 2012 – A long line of industry-leading Goodyear Eagle ultra-high performance tires is growing even longer with the introduction of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season, a race-inspired product that offers superb handling and all-season traction.
The newest Eagle will be available at Goodyear retail outlets in July.
“We apply breakthrough technologies to many tires in our Eagle lineup,” said Jonathan Lee, Goodyear brand general manager. “Fortunately, experts – from third-party product testers to our extensive retail network to everyday consumers – recognize the product leadership and help keep Goodyear Eagles out front.”
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season is an all-new design, inspired by the complementary summer tire, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2. Its asymmetric tread pattern is based on the summer tire, but the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season features a Dry Handling Zone on the outside shoulder for enhanced handling and grip, and an All-Season Zone on the inside shoulder for increased water evacuation.
Additionally, the new tire offers these technical features:
• Specialized Tread Compound with Functionalized Polymers – for enhanced performance characteristics, such as wet traction and dry handling.
• TredLock Technology – with microgrooves that provide biting edges for enhanced wet traction.
• Traction Teeth – providing further biting edges for traction in rain and snow.
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season carries a 45,000-mile tread life limited warranty, is tunable for original equipment applications, carries W- and Y-speed ratings, and will be offered in 36 different size combinations.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs approximately 73,000 people and manufactures its products in 54 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear or its products, go to www.goodyear.com.