We have detected that you may be using an outdated browser that is not compatible with our website.
For a better browsing experience, please view using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
AKRON, Ohio, April 7, 2009 – Shareholders of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today re-elected 11 members of the company’s Board of Directors. Re-elected were:
• James C. Boland, retired vice chairman, Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC;
• James A. Firestone, executive vice president and president, corporate operations, Xerox Corporation;
• Robert J. Keegan, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Goodyear;
• W. Alan McCollough, retired chairman and chief executive officer, Circuit City Stores Inc.
• Denise M. Morrison, senior vice president and president, North America Soup, Sauces and Beverages, Campbell Soup Company;
• Rodney O’Neal, chief executive officer and president, Delphi Corporation;
• Shirley D. Peterson, retired partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP;
• Stephanie A. Streeter, former chairman and chief executive officer, Banta Corporation, and interim chief executive officer, United States Olympic Committee;
• G. Craig Sullivan, retired chairman and chief executive officer, The Clorox Company;
• Thomas H. Weidemeyer, retired senior vice president and chief operating officer, United Parcel Service, Inc.; and
• Michael R. Wessel, president, The Wessel Group Inc.
Steven A. Minter, retired president and executive director, The Cleveland Foundation, did not stand for re-election and has retired from the Board of Directors.
“Goodyear and the Board of Directors are deeply grateful for Steve Minter’s leadership and guidance during his 24 years of service to the company,” Keegan said.
Board proposals to amend the company’s Amended Articles of Incorporation and Code of Regulations were approved by shareholders.
The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for 2009 was also approved by shareholders.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs approximately 75,000 people and manufactures its products in more than 60 facilities in 25 countries around the world. For more information about Goodyear, go to http://corporate.goodyear.com.