AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 30, 2012 – The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched a next-generation version of its powerful TVTrack program that will help fleets monitor and manage their truck tires more effectively.
“This is the next step in the evolution of an already-robust business solution that helps fleet owners and managers drive down the cost of their operations by collecting, documenting and presenting key tire data in an easy-to-use, dashboard format,” said Bruce Woodruff, director of business solutions marketing, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
The next-generation version of TVTrack is part of Goodyear’s fleetHQ business solutions program and is only available through authorized Goodyear dealers. It allows fleet owners and managers to:
• Capture and report information about their vehicles and their tires.
• Have service technicians use the 3G cellular network, a Wi-Fi connection and/or Web-enabled devices like smartphones, laptops and tablet computers to enter in new data about tire pressure, tread wear and more on individual trucks and trailers.
• Choose from a variety of tire specifications. The next-generation TVTrack has been preloaded with information for nearly every tire available in North America, regardless of manufacturer.
• Use a “clone this” function that allows data about numerous truck and trailer units to be replicated quickly.
Also new from Goodyear and part of the next-generation TVTrack tool is the fleetHQ Trailer Readiness program, which helps fleets’ trailers meet Compliance, Safety Accountability (CSA) requirements.
Through Trailer Readiness, fleets can receive customized reports on essential vehicle systems; receive uniform trailer inspections from local dealers or at more than 2,000 nationwide locations; and more.
“For example, a fleet can work with its tire dealer to develop a custom trailer survey to inspect tire pressure, tire depth, trailer lights, air valves, wheel seals and a myriad of other things,” said Woodruff.
“Comprehensive reporting is available online through www.fleetHQ.com, giving fleets 24/7 access to information. The data collected through our new Trailer Readiness program will help fleets make more informed business decisions, and that’s what the next-generation of TVTrack is all about.”
TVTrack is one of many business solutions offered through fleetHQ. Others include:
• National account programs for fleets of all sizes, including nationwide pricing and consolidated billing through the fleet or owner-operator’s hometown dealer.
• The fleetHQ Solution Center, where trained tire professionals work around the clock to help get trucks back up and running by dispatching service technicians from one of more than 2,000 dealer locations to downed trucks.
• Gold Medallion retreaded tires, which are available in six of the most popular medium truck tire sizes.
• Tire Pix, a service that provides photos of tires that were replaced during a road service call.
• The fleetHQ Truck Stop Network, a network that includes more than 300 locations. Participants include Wingfoot Truck Care Centers, Travel Centers of America, Petro Truck Stops, PTP Truckstop Network and Boss Truck Shops.
fleetHQ business solutions are available to trucking operations of every size, from large fleets to single owner-operators.
“Many benefits, such as the fleetHQ Solution Center, are offered at no cost to the fleet,” noted Woodruff. “The fleetHQ program – including its diverse and powerful components -- demonstrates Goodyear’s ongoing commitment to help our customers save time and money.”
Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems offers a broad portfolio of products and services to the commercial fleet industry, including a full range of original equipment and replacement tires. This includes the 24/7 fleetHQ Solution Center, national programs, tire management tools, online information, and business problem-solving tools for tomorrow’s commercial fleets. For more information, go to www.goodyeartrucktires.com. For more information about fleetHQ, go to http://fleethq.com.