The Goodyear Mission clearly states that two of our shared values are to care for our environment and communities, and to encourage wellness and safety both on the job and away from work.
As a global socially responsible corporate citizen, we will conduct our business in accordance with the highest applicable legal and ethical standards. We strive to contribute to sustainable economic development and environmental protection while seeking to improve the quality of life for our associates, families, communities, and society in general. We want our associates to have a work environment where they feel safe and secure. To that end, we shall:
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health, and safety (EHS) laws and regulations, as well as Goodyear’s global EHS standards for all operations.
- Establish environmental, health, and safety management systems based on recognized standards and set company-wide goals and objectives that seek to continually improve performance, reduce our life environmental footprint, and increase the sustainability of our materials, operations, and products.
- Integrate environmental, health, safety, and sustainability considerations into all key business decisions — including the design, production, distribution, and support of our products and services.
- Ensure that our products are safe when properly maintained and when used as intended, and work with suppliers and customers to promote responsible and sustainable use throughout their life cycle.
- Strive to reduce our environmental impact and conserve natural resources by minimizing waste, water usage, and air and greenhouse gas emissions while reusing and recycling materials, and responsibly managing energy use through the life cycle of the tire.
- Encourage and educate all associates to take personal accountability and share ideas for protecting the environment and creating a safe and healthy workplace.
- Publicly report annual EHS goals and accomplishments.
Meeting these objectives is a primary management value and the collective and individual responsibility of all Goodyear associates worldwide.