As a global, socially responsible corporate citizen, Goodyear will conduct our business in accordance with the highest applicable legal and ethical standards. We strive to contribute to sustainable economic development and environmental protection while seeking to improve the quality of life of our associates, families, communities, and society in general.
We want our associates and contractors to have work environments that are safe and secure. To that end, we shall:
- Demonstrate EHS leadership through all levels of management and help strengthen our corporate culture so all associates and contractors embrace this policy as their guiding principle.
- Comply with all applicable EHS laws and regulations, as well as Goodyear’s EHS Management System that is based on our global EHS standards.
- Ensure that all associates and contractors are aware of their roles and responsibilities to comply with Goodyear’s EHS Policy and Management System.
- Encourage and educate all associates and contractors to take personal accountability and share ideas for protecting the environment and continuously improving the safety and health of our workplaces.
- Set company-wide goals and objectives that seek to continuously improve EHS systems and performance, reduce our environmental impact, and increase the sustainability of our materials, operations and products.
- Integrate our EHS Management System into all business functions, including the design, production, distribution, and support of our products and services.
- Strive to reduce our environmental impact and conserve natural resources by minimizing waste, water usage, and air and greenhouse gas emissions while reusing and recycling materials (where possible), and responsibly managing energy use through the life cycle of the tire.
Meeting these objectives is a primary management value and the collective and individual responsibility of all Goodyear associates and contractors worldwide.