Goodyear’s highest priority continues to be the health and wellbeing of our associates, aiming to improve quality of life and productivity. We support this vision through GoodLife, our global wellness program that embodies a holistic approach to health and wellbeing that our associates, families and partners can champion.
We measure our progress in three ways:
1. Overall wellness of our associates, including physical, emotional, financial and social health;
2. Health of our worksites; and
3. Engagement in our wellness programs.
We encourage a healthy workforce through various voluntary programs, a Healthy Choice Incentive, wellness physicals and year-round vaccination clinics.
In 2021, HealthStat, the GoodLife Health Center provider, administered the following programs at Goodyear’s Global Headquarters:
· Flu shot clinics
· COVID-19 vaccination clinics
· COVID-19 booster clinics
To ensure our associates have access to timely health information that reinforce our global health strategy, GoodLife relaunched a new brand identity and global intranet on April 7, in honor of World Health Day.
With a refreshed online presence, Goodyear associates can learn about emotional, financial, physical and social health via training courses, educational articles, wellness tips and more. GoodLife online features our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) as well, which is available to all associates and their families worldwide.
Goodyear also added onsite EAP counselors at several of our larger worksite locations and conducted orientations to help familiarize associates with this resource and all it has to offer.
Many of the programs GoodLife hosted this year were focused on mental wellbeing to help improve resiliency and ensure our associates have resources available to navigate emotional health, including:
· Mental Health Awareness Month: In May, GoodLife partnered with our ERGs to host educational mental wellness sessions with an EAP representative.
· World Mental Health Day: On October 10, GoodLife launched a global series of emotional health resources, trainings and information.
Throughout 2021, GoodLife also partnered with Achieve Solutions to launch a collection of virtual and in-person wellness workshops. These meetings were designed to encourage dialogue about mental health and highlight the tools and resources Goodyear offers through GoodLife.